Our life lately in bullet points, because who doesn't just love bullet points?!
- Drew is almost 9 months. That is pure craziness. What a joy he is! He really is the sweetest thing in the world. He is super smiley and loves to laugh and woo all who will give him a passing glance. He is doing better sleeping at night which is a huge praise. He eats around 8-9pm and sleeps until 5-6am, eats, then sleeps until 7-9am. We have had to let him cry a little in his crib because waking up a million times a night just isn't a good thing for anyone. But, after one night of crying, he has learned that he needs to sleep and he has put himself back to bed. He is nursing great and almost too well… he really hasn't been super into solid food! I think his tongue thrust reflex stuck around a little longer and just this week, he has started to swallow food! Yay!!! He has tried soft-boiled runny egg yolk, sweet potato, carrots, apples, blueberries and cream, chicken, beef (all pureed). We skipped the rice cereal for a whole host of reasons and he is finally doing well on opening his mouth and not spitting everything out!
- Cade is starting 2nd grade in a few weeks. He did swim lessons and tae kwon do and I feel like we were busier in the summer than we were in the school year, so ironically, I am excited for school to start so we can get back to our home routine. I miss being home all the time (wow, I never thought I would say that!) He is growing leaps and bounds and it is so encouraging to se the fruit of training in his life. God has been so gracious and kind to allow us moments of encouragement and blessing from his sweet soul. He asks really great questions and his mind is so sharp and incredibly eager. What a blessing he is. Homeschool second grade: let's go!
- Reese is 4 and will do Calvary Kids at our church (a preschool, mommy and me program). She is over the moon and we are already practicing the routine of things with her. She loves to write and color and craft, so I am really thrilled to do the program with a kid who is interested in crafts!! (Cade just wanted to run up and down the halls the whole time during craft time! :/) She is spunky. She usually is wearing mismatched clothing, lego or sparkly crocs, with her wild curly hair, sometimes in a messy ponytail. But, her spunk and thrill for life is refreshing and she really is the most unique little girl.
- Ian and I celebrated 10 years of marriage last month. whew! What a joy is has been and it really feels like 10 minutes ago that we got married. When we tell people 10 years, (waiters, Ian's company reps at work, etc…) they are SHOCKED we made it this long. One in particular said, "oh all my friends have never made it past 7!" How sad! We are so thankful for the Lord's work in our life to make us who we are. He gets all the credit and our relationship is so much deeper and vast than I could have ever imagined: a testimony to God's faithfulness to come through on His promises.
- We finished our backyard renovation. It would be cool to see before and after pics, huh? Well, maybe next time, my pictures are on the other computer :) We ripped up everything, literally, trees, grass, plants, junk, and more junk… everything, and it is so nice to finally see some GREEN outside!
Ok, I am tempted to just push send to feel the satisfaction of a completed post… so maybe one day I will get around to some things on my mind (like, why I deleted my Facebook page and love not having it… why 'dying to self' has been my hard pill to swallow with this 3rd baby and needing to serve, serve, serve, and serve some more, but why it has been the absolute best thing for me, some recipes we are loving, and just other random thoughts that fly through my crazy brain.